This program is designated for 7.5 contact hour of NP CE credit by INPE, an AANP Approved Provider(130325). It is designed to prepare learners to serve as certified medical examiners under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administrations' (FMCSA) NRCME program, presenting the NRCME core curriculum illustrated with practical examples. Faculty- Mary Jo Goolsby, EdD, MSN, NP-C, FAANP, (NRCME certified). This program is valid through 12/31/2019.
This ME training course conforms to FMCSA’s training curriculum modules and topics on regulations and guidelines for conducting CMV driver medical examinations. FMCSA regulations and guidelines are reviewed regularly, and the training is updated as required. This course was last updated on12/12/2018. Refer questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standards.
- Perform driver certification examinations in accordance with FMCSA physical qualification requirements and medical guidelines.
- Apply knowledge of FMCSA's driver essential job functions, physical qualification standards and advisory criteria to findings gathered during the driver's medical examination.
- Document with accuracy the medical history and physical examination findings on the Medical Examination Report and the Driver's Medical Certification Card certifying a driver for an appropriate interval.
- Describe the physical and mental qualification requirements for commercial drivers using the 13 standards and Medical Expert Panel Guidance materials to determine driver medical fitness for duty.
- Discuss the process for the FMCSA Waiver, Exemption, and the Skill Performance Evaluation (SPE) Certification Programs for commercial drivers who cannot otherwise qualify to drive.
- Promote health and wellness strategies to reduce potential risk to public safety for the CMV driver.