This program is designated for 1.25 contact hour of NP CE, which includes .4 contact hour of pharmacology credit, by the INPE, an AANP Approved Provider(130325). The course is designed to provide and overview of the pathology and nature of iron deficiency anemia, as well as the diagnosis and management. Faculty-Dr. Mary Jo Goolsby. Successful completion requires score of 70% or above on post-test. Valid through 11/30/2018.
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standards. INPE is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 130325.
- Explain the pathology behind iron deficiency anemia (IDA)
- Describe the potential causes of IDA
- Discuss the presentation associated with IDA
- Describe the diagnostic approach to patient with suspected IDA
- Identify pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment measures for IDA