This program is designated for x contact hour NP CE credit withx ch pharmacology by the Institute for NP Excellence, an AANP Approved Provider (130325). The course is designed to help learners examine issues surrounding inappropriate and unnecessary antibiotic use and to make practice improvements consistent with antibiotic stewardship. Valid through 10/31/2019.
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standards.
- Examine the statistics regarding outpatient antibiotic prescribing
- Describe outcomes associated with inappropriate antibiotic use
- Define antibiotic stewardship
- Discuss the components of antibiotic stewardship
- Identify at least one feasible action clinicians an take for each component discussed